Stroke Symptoms & Warning Signs
- Sudden weakness, numbness or paralysis often down one side of the body, affecting the face, arm, leg or whole side.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or ability to understand what others are saying, or an alteration in speech, such as slurring words.
- Sudden difficulty with walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Swallowing difficulties.
Other less obvious symptoms include difficulties in perception, thinking, mood swings and personality change. If a stroke is suspected, it is vital to get medical help quickly. The sooner treatment is given the better the odds of a good recovery.
Fast Stroke Test
Face – has their face fallen on one side? can they smile?
Arms – can they raise both arms? and keep them there?
Speech – is their speech slurred?
Time – TIME TO CALL EMERGENCY SERVICES IF YOU SEE ANY ONE OF THESE SIGNS